By Linda Denninger
May is such a beautiful month. One of my favorite months of the year. New life is sprouting up everywhere. Weather is warming and people are eager to enjoy the sunshine! I searched the web for trivia about my favorite month and came up with some fun facts! I hope you find them as interesting as I did!
- Levi Strauss & Jacob Davis received their patent for Blue Jeans on May 20th 1873!
- Emerald is the birthstone for May. Emerald represents love and success
- Lily of the Valley is the birth flower for May
- May was originally named for Maia, the Greek goddess of fertility
- The Empire State Building opened on May 1, 1931
- South Carolina became the 8th state on May 23, 1788, Rhode Island became the 13th state on May 29, 1790 – Minnesota was admitted to the union on May 11, 1858 –and Wisconsin became the 30th sate of May 29, 1848!
- Other historical moments in May: Amelia Earhart flew across the Atlantic Ocean, marking the first solo flight by a woman on May 20, 1932. The first regular airmail service in the US began May 15, 1918. The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco opened May 27, 1937.
- May is the birth month of quite a few celebrities as well! Calamity Jane (5/1/1852); Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (5/2/1972) Audrey Hepburn (5/4/1929); Adele (5/5/1988) George Clooney (5/6/1961) Cher (5/20/1946) Bob Dylan (5/24/1941) and Bob Hope (5/29/1903)
Lot’s of things to celebrate and acknowledge in this beautiful month! So as you head into Spring and Summer, please remember to visit www.DreamProducts.com for all your Lawn and Garden and Spring Cleaning needs! Let us help you organize your home and prepare for those upcoming BBQ’s and backyard parties we will hopefully be able to share this year.
And don’t forget our line of Health & Beauty to keep your skin healthy and cared for during hot summer months. Review our Medicine Cabinet for those sinus and allergy needs that this month brings about as plants and flowers begin to bloom everywhere!
It’s been a tough year, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Here is wishing you, your family, and friends a healthy, happy, and prosperous Spring! Stay Safe My Friends!